RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with my Bank 2 sensor 2 flashing up errors and when I went to change the sensor, I noticed bank 2 had a 1 inch spacer on it and bank one did not. I bought the vehicle used so I am thinking the previous owner may have installed it for some reason. Is this spacer supposed to be there???? I have removed it for now and will see if it makes a difference. any advice would be appreciated.

JDW
2010 Range Rover Supercharged

·
Registered
920 Posts
Space is there typically to clear the P0420 Calalyst DTC expired code, it's not suppossed to be there. It's an old trick to pull the sensor up out of the exhaust stream so it won't see a post cat rich condition, which usually indicates the catalytic converter is done for (unless theres a matching pre-cat rich code). What code are you getting?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thats a code that occurs when the O2 sensor is operating slowly, basically not following the pre cat sensor when it changes which is exactly what the spacer is designed to do. If you pull the spacer out it will probably fix that code, but you may get the P042) Catalyst Efficiency code in it place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts