RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 SC RR with the large brembos and would like to be able to fit some 18" compmotive wheels on. Can anyone chime in on what my alternatives are to accomplish this? Are there any aftermarket kits for smaller brakes? Are 2010 HSE brakes my best bet, or are there other brakes that fit but are still small enough to clear some 18" wheels?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Maybe we could just trade front rotors and calipers?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
54 Posts
I would not attepmt this. Clearly it can be done but the spindle assembly would likely have to be replaced or you'd have to purchase/fabricate some sort of adapter to mount the smaller floating caliper assembly. I am not 100% certain the mounting points are different but pretty sure.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I would not attepmt this. Clearly it can be done but the spindle assembly would likely have to be replaced or you'd have to purchase/fabricate some sort of adapter to mount the smaller floating caliper assembly. I am not 100% certain the mounting points are different but pretty sure.

the bembro caliper mounts differently, but parts from a HSE could be easily enough swapped to carry this out. Though I would not want to lose those brembos on a heavy truck with that type of power, they're on there for a reason and it'd be a massive downgrade... tho I'm sure you could post up an advert where you'd trade brakes with someone and that'd work out nicely.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can’t imagine my Supercharged with smaller brakes. The Brembo’s struggle to stop the beast imo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was halfway kidding as I realize this would not be a simple bolt-on; likely master cylinders and more would need to be changed as well. Point is I wish I had those larger Brembo brakes, and wonder if changing the rims is truly worth it to you?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I was halfway kidding as I realize this would not be a simple bolt-on; likely master cylinders and more would need to be changed as well. Point is I wish I had those larger Brembo brakes, and wonder if changing the rims is truly worth it to you?
it would be a simple bolt on and you would not change the master. It'd be the caliper mounting, caliper, rotors, probably the backing plate and pad wear sensor. Done. Tho a massive downgrade. I suppose if you're going to be doing substantial offroading it's necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you been able to find an answer to this? I run an L319 in Australia, and according to Google their maximum kerb weight is 2461kg. The car stops well on standard brakes running 32" mud tyres.
According to Google the L322 has a maximum kerb weight of 2644kg. So there is a standard kerb weight difference of 183kg. I'd be interested to know why there is any actual risk in changing from the Brembo system to the HSE system, and then fitting the Compomotive PD 1881 and some proper off-road tyres?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts