RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a l322 4.4 v8 (m62 bmw) that is reallydown on power between 2000rpm and 3000rpm. It has had a new maf and coil packs plus plugs. And i have done the timing chain and guides about a year and a half ago. I have plugged in my snap on scanner (im a mechanic) and there are no codes but i feel that it is vanos related because as soon as you get to 3000 rpm it goes like hell and my understanding is that vanos works upto 3000 rpm. Any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
OK if your a mechanic what was the last thing that you fixed?

What was done to the truck just before this reduced performance issue show up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t had to do any work on it for about 4 months. Just noticed that there wasn’t any get up and go at low rpm yesterday ( I only get to drive it at weekends as the mrs uses it through the week) so I plugged in my scanner and there were no codes then watched live data and it shows that the solenoids percentages were changing with the rpm and so were the intake degrees but I don’t know what these values should be at any given rpm. It has always had a slight (vanos rattle) when warm but this is the first time I am aware is a lack of power. The mrs has no idea lol. The only other thing I can think of is a pcv issue but I replaced this about a year ago with new cyclone and pipes to.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
Not being a fully fledged "official" mechanic......I start with the basics.
Fuel pressure at various RPM's.
Air restrictions and flow
Exhaust restrictions.
With live data you can also check the o2 sensors are pretty much matching up or not, which would tell you if the sensors are working correctly.
Have you had someone else drive it though the flat spot, while you look at the live data? Be a logical step in my mind.

Martin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I had watched the lambda sensors. Anyway way it was bank 1 cam sensor. When I watched back on the live data the sensor kept spiking but only when the engine was up to running temp. Changed the sensor for a Bosch one and all is good now. I knew it wasn’t fueling as it was the same on petrol and Lpg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts