RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doors lock, doors open :twisted:

In other words they will not stay locked. Going to take the battery off for five minutes tomorrow to see if that will cure it.

Anyone else had this problem?

:pray:

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Yup. Mine unlocks no matter what you do from the drivers door. The passenger door still works, so being basically lazy, I lock up with this door. Occasionally it acts up also. When that happens I lock the door by pushing down the lock (with the door open) then inserting the key and holding it in the lock position as I shut the door. This seems to be the failsafe method to date.
What needs to be done is a simple redjustment of the locking arm that connects the key throw to the electric switch box.
But I am lazy... :|

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like the bouncing lock syndrome (where you lock it, then it immediately unlocks) only with a delayed unlock. A remedy for the bouncing lock syndrome is to lube all the locking mechanisms so there's minimal resistance during functioning. You can start with some carefully applied WD-40 leading up to removing the door panels to clean and lubricate the mechanisms.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that it led me straight to the problem. The passenger front button seems to be very stiff and not going down with the blipper so I will lubricate it tomorrow and if that doesn't work strip the panel off.

:pray:

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Good idea to make a punch list while the door panel is off. Lube the window regulators, clean speaker contacts, lube all pivot points and latch rod slides, clean drains...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts