RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching but nothing seems to cover the drivers door window being almost unable to close as it gets about 3 inches from the top. Nothing has changed i.e. no accidents, other than being older by a few months. thanks. Up to that point it moves well and then slows right down

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
What did you find when you removed the door panel to inspect? Was anything binding? was the regulator firmly attached in all locations?

·
Registered
173 Posts
In order to troubleshoot window opening/closing issues, you really do need to open up the door panel and inspect the window regulator. You can usually tell what it might be by just watching it as you open/close the window.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
many thanks. i was hoping to have spare parts so i could re and re in one shot if necessary but of course that is from the wtt (wishful thinking theorem) dare i wish for lubrication to be the solution.:oops:

·
Registered
173 Posts
many thanks. i was hoping to have spare parts so i could re and re in one shot if necessary but of course that is from the wtt (wishful thinking theorem) dare i wish for lubrication to be the solution.:oops:
Thoroughly re-lubricating the track is definitely the easiest action but from my experience, window issues like this have ended up being some part in the window regulator assembly failing or on the verge of failing, be it the motor itself or a plastic subcomponent. That said, try the simpler remedy first and go from there! Let us know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts