RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 LWB. I unlock the truck with the remote and all doors unlock, then relock almost as one movement. The only way to get in is to pull open the rear door latch at the one second it is unlocked before it relocks. Then reach in and lift the door lock on the front door. Actually I'm getting quite good at this.

I'm guessing there is some miss-adjustment in the front door mechanism, causing the lock action abort.

my question is; Is this some sort of RR misfit that others have experienced? looking for your comments

thanks geneo

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Is it the same behavior when you use a key on the drivers side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here on 1992 Vogue LSE. To unlock I have to hold the fob on the pillar push it 3 times at various places to find the right spot - I usually have to change 5-6 spots till I unlock - and then to lock again same procedure IF the car agrees to lock at all! Just changed battery on my fob but the proximity problem didn't get solved.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?

Also, can anyone tell me where is the fob receiver and how does it look like? I will consider changing the receiver and solve this issue once and for all.

KK

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm having a similar issue - push down the driver door lock and everything locks and then immediately unlocks, push down the passenger door lock and everything locks... anyone figure anything out?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
more than likely a defective front door latch, in there is one of many springs which breaks, when it does the lock mechanism fails to fully raise thus out of safety it defaults to relock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just re-read your post and realized, on the drivers door it is defaulting to unlocked, not locked - same issue? I'm having no issues with opening the door. Strange thing is that from the passenger side I can lock and unlock the driver door no problem - just won't stay locked when I do it from the drivers side.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just re-read your post and realized, on the drivers door it is defaulting to unlocked, not locked - same issue? I'm having no issues with opening the door. Strange thing is that from the passenger side I can lock and unlock the driver door no problem - just won't stay locked when I do it from the drivers side.
I had this problem on my '95 LWB - there is one small-ish circular steel spring in the lock, but that was OK. My problem was a broken black plastic ring, about an inch in diameter, that is part of the inner latch mechanism. When I was having work done on the truck a little over a year ago, I had my mechanic strip down the driver's side door, which required the window "cartridge" to be removed too. He replaced the part and reassembled everything and it's worked like a champ ever since. The real work is taking everything apart on/in the door - the actual replacement work is rather easy... at least it was for my mechanic! ;-)

Best wishes on getting it fixed!

Rob

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Rob - Seems like either way I need to pull the lock apart... or just use the passenger door to lock the car (I'm feeling kind of lazy right now)

Cheers!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have not gotten into this yet, but have observed that it does not happen EVERY time. after I have drive around for a while(battery) it will work. Easter gets this weekend(cooking) maybe next week. I'll keep posting, abet slow!
geneo

·
Registered
32 Posts
Something a bit similar happens to my 94 RRClassic LWB County: the driver's door lock won't lock ANY of the doors electronically. I have to open the rear left door, reach in to push down the button on the driver's door, and that locks all 4 doors automatically. However, turning the key in the driver's door lock does unlock all 4 doors!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Rob - Seems like either way I need to pull the lock apart... or just use the passenger door to lock the car (I'm feeling kind of lazy right now)

Cheers!
"Whenever" works for me! ;-) You've got four doors and God wouldn't have inspired the designers to create them if He didn't believe you'd need to use them! :dance:

Just schedule the repair to last the morning and you won't be rushed for time. Actually, the RAVE gives a good explanation on how to take the door apart, so you shouldn't have problems.

Rob

·
Registered
95 Posts
Something a bit similar happens to my 94 RRClassic LWB County: the driver's door lock won't lock ANY of the doors electronically. I have to open the rear left door, reach in to push down the button on the driver's door, and that locks all 4 doors automatically. However, turning the key in the driver's door lock does unlock all 4 doors!
That could be the same part - not sure about it. However, you could have the fun of taking the driver's side door apart to see and perhaps it's the circular SS spring that's broken. You can find them on eBay - I got a set of five and had all the door's springs replaced. They are not expensive and from what I understand, they don't last forever.

Best wishes getting the locks fixed!

Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts