RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE. The door is superlocked. What is the EASIEST way to get it open? Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
One door only? or do you mean all the doors are superlocked? If your rig is superlocked you will have to use the remote or key to unlock. I guess we are missing a big hunk of the picture somehow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Try to insert the key, rotate to "open" and while holding it there pull the door handle. It worked for me while i had mine super locked and a flat battery.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, hopefully I am getting the car todan and will try out the methods you guys wrote me that don't require a new locking mechanism! Ill let you know what works!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1 Posts
Not sure if I should start a new thread but this seems to be a common problem so figured I'd tag on to this one. OK, so I have the common issue of front passenger door (LH) is locked and wont open. Pulling the lock up feels like it's not connected but peering down the window shows it is. The power locking on this door hasn't worked for a while but manually locking/unlocking it has been fine until now!

So I attempted the method described here http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/doors/doorlocks.html but having split the top of the lock open as indicated there is no spring to remove (see photo) and the door remains resolutely locked! Where do I go from here?

20130616_162320b.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts