RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's side door on my 2009 RR Supercharged has started to make a squeaking/rattling noise. I had a similar problem on my previous RR, a 2005 HSE. When the car is stopped and I push the window from the inside it makes a smiliar kind of noise, so perhaps it's the door seals. Anyone else had the same problem? Any fixes (have already tried silicone)?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
RRmaninLA said:
The driver's side door on my 2009 RR Supercharged has started to make a squeaking/rattling noise. I had a similar problem on my previous RR, a 2005 HSE. When the car is stopped and I push the window from the inside it makes a smiliar kind of noise, so perhaps it's the door seals. Anyone else had the same problem? Any fixes (have already tried silicone)?
I had this annoying problem when I had a new 2005 RRS some years ago. Turned out to be a loose control wire in the door - its a known problem.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
511 Posts
I am not sure about the rattling noise. For the squeaking, I roll the windows down and spray silicone onto the rubber gaskets. I do this for the rubber seals on the tailgate, as well. This typically stops the squeaking for several months. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
952 Posts
If it's like my 2006 you can eliminate the rattle temporarily by lowering the drivers window ever so slightly with a light tap of the window down switch.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If this is the same problem as the BMW 3 series have then try rubber grease. I used PBR. I put a whole heap on, then reapplied a normal coat about a week later. 1.5yrs later and haven't had the squeak back.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stemikel said:
I am not sure about the rattling noise. For the squeaking, I roll the windows down and spray silicone onto the rubber gaskets. I do this for the rubber seals on the tailgate, as well. This typically stops the squeaking for several months. Hope this helps.
Thanks! Do you use the dry-type or wet-type silicone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts