RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i probably look like an idiot, but..
How do i get these covers off of my front door speakers? Theyve got 2 screws towards the inside of the door, but that doesnt seem to be enough to loosen them up, and i dont wanna break them by pulling when i shouldnt.. the plastic has kind of crapped out with age.. any help is appreciated, thanks
oh yea, and its a 95lwb if it matters, with the Harman Kardon system.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Not sure, never tried. But it's only 3 screws and the lock surround to get the whole door trim off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You will have to access the speakers by pulling off the door panel (pretty easy except for the trim panel plugs that your screw up if not careful). After taking it off, it's pretty obvious. jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
the speaker covers have these metal "grabbers" on them that are attached to posts on the covers, as you state if you pull them off these psots will break.

You have to remove the intire door panel and take them out with a screw driver from the back. Or because you took the entire door panel off you can now access the speakers anyway :)

I broke the posts off - then just superglued them back on - they are fine now :) But wish I had of been smarter - instead of logical....nothing on these cars is logical!!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts