RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Can anything be done to change out these speaker grills easily? I think they can use a bit more refining. If i recall later models have them painted the interior color with silver bezels. Can i just swap the grill or do i have to change the whole speaker? Has anyone done a project like this? Can you share your process, photos etc..

thanks
IMG_5103.jpg

·
Registered
494 Posts
Short answer yes, it's easy. You can also buy parchment speaker grills but they have chrome rings on them (if you like that).
image.jpg

See page below on how to remove door card and speaker grill if you want to paint the grill. You have to remove the screws from behind the airbag tab and door latch as well. It's all in the rave shop manual.
image.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is what I did to mine. The door panels are pretty easy to remove and then you just take each part and paint them how ever you'd like. I purchased the speaker surround from PowerfulUK.com I also changed the blue to black and sanded off the grey foundry color (Mine was chipped and flaking off.) IMG_7014.jpg IMG_7009.jpg The only real cost was the door handles redone.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the outcome of my door speaker project. Took about 15 minutes for all 4 doors. I did not have to remove the door cards or do any modifications. All in all, I am happy with the way it turned out. I found this stuff at Kmart for 10 bucks.. Before and after photos below in case anyone wants a quick fix to the plain black speaker grills..
IMG_5355.jpg IMG_5361.jpg IMG_0761.jpg IMG_0763.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts