RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have the factory door sills installed? that painted portion of my door sills get so scuffed up with foot prints its pretty disturbing. i'm thinking about getting aftermarket ones but i'm not sure how the fitment is going to be since they have no pictures of the products actually installed. so might just be better to shell out the money for the factory accessories door sills.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
Tasmod no longer makes them...trying to remember what is the name, but he sold his design to another company, and they do appear on EBAY from time to time.

They are great sills...many have been running them now for 4 years and they are perfect.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the brushed chrome ones as found on eBay. Put them on my '08 & '10. I think they look good and fit perfectly. These are the ones that cover the painted portion of the door sill just below where the factory ones go. For me this painted area was getting more scratched than the interior plastic portion.

TIP: they fit "perfectly" when they are centered in the door sill. I made the mistake on my '08 of trying to line them up with the plastic interior sill which set them slightly toward the up-curve of the sill. Subsequently they weren't fully flush and I could "squish" them if I pressed firmly enough. Centering them in the sill itself results in a solid contact of the adhesive backing.
:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts