RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ever since I took the front windscreen side trim off to replace the foam filter under the scuttle panel I cant get a good seal again round my drivers door and its p-ssng it down and the door card and footwell is getting pretty wet does anyone have any tips or advice to re-seal ? wished I`d have left the bl==dy thing what is it for anyway the foam filter does anyone know ?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
the foam filter keeps large gunk out of the pollen filters, leaves, bugs, etc... you shouldn't have needed to remove the windshield side-trim to do it. I didn't on mine. Not sure how to re-seal, other than make sure it's properly aligned and nothing stuck in it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello shupak thanks for letting me know what its for ,I realised once I`d taken it off that I`d no need to as the bottom trim flexes, I don`t think its leaking from the side trim it looks like its coming from the corner where the side trim ends at the top of the windscreen and the rubber seal goes over the top of the door aperture,I `ve tried several times to reseat it but the corner seems to have come away the rest seems to be stuck down with double sided tape?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Had exactly the same thing happen on my door seal after the windscreen was replaced. I ended up buying a roll of this 3M tape : http://www.directa.co.uk/site/scripts/p ... ct_id=2197
Brilliant product and a great company to deal with, good luck :thumb:

By the way, make sure you clean both the rubber and metal work with a good cleaning product, I used 100% alcohol.... Hic......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice cornishman I`ve ordered some hopefully will do the job only problem is I haven`t had a drink for the last 10 years due to health probs :( but I have some acetone that should clean it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts