RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 RRS HSE.
Both front driver and passenger doors rattle/ bounce when I swing them shut. They latch fine but the bottom vibrates a bit when it closes.

i’ve checked the lower trim panels and they are all clipped on and seem snug. There’s nothing insided rattling around like a broken clip. The doors just don’t have a nice solid (Luxury car door) closing sound. The rear doors are perfect.

i’ve noticed that the rubber door bumbers never contact the body when the doors are closed.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same model and same issue. The rear doors sound great but the front (driver especially) sounds like I’m closing a tractor door. I’ve read that it could be anything from the weather stripping needing replaced, to the door hinges needing replaced / re-aligned. I’ve yet to diagnose anything without replacing anything.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Hinges would never need replacing in a rigs lifetime. Latches can easily be aligned tighter to provide a more positive closing experience. However remember that these are referred to as Chelsea Tractors so the sound you are experiencing may very well be appropriate. :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE:
I found the source of the rattle.
I removed the interior door panel and removed the woofer speaker. I had a friend knock on the outside middle and lower section of the door while I stuck my arm inside the door through the speaker opening.

the sealant that bonds the door stiffener braces to the inside door skin has weakened and allows the stiffeners to rattle against the door skin. There wasn’t enough room to work any repairs without removing the whole window regulator panel. I managed to slide in some thin pieces of high density foam in between the worst areas as a temporary rattle fix.

I haven’t worked on the window regulator setup before and couldn’t find any videos to see how to get full access to those braces without messing up the regulator assembly.

anyway, the foam did help quite a bit (for now)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts