RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interior door does not attached with a tight fit due to 7 of door studs do not hold. I have replaced the door studs and the stud retainers in the door with no luck. Same result even with new stud retainers. I have tried to fill the holes with body trim rivets with little success. Has anyone found found a better solution?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately those are the ones I have. It's the most frustrating thing. I replaced all the studs and all the retainers but for some reason 7 out of 13 of the studs don't fit tight into the retainers even though everything is new and to make matters worse it is on the top left and top right location of the door panel. My next idea is to fit the Range Rover Classic retainer inside the P38 retainer and hopefully that makes it a nice tight fit for the door stud so the panel fits tight

·
Registered
758 Posts
Are you hooking it over the top correctly, even without the top studs it should hold reasonably tight at the top, the trim should be touching the window..

·
Registered
339 Posts
My defender ones look v similar, but they're smaller, you're absolutely sure you have P38 ones?
Def pouches are 7.2 ext dia and 5.6 int, I don't see how only some can work for you if you have the right pouch/ button combo.
As mentioned above, the card overlaps the metal door frame and goes snug to the window, plus you should have two screws that go in under the arm rest to screw up to the door

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I may have 2 issues.

1. I may have not had both metal tabs that hold the sill lock button trim over the top. I know I had the one closest to the door edge but I may not have gotten the second one. That explains why I'm having to push the door panel into place and it kind of springs back on the top corner near the door sill lock.

2. I still have the issue of a few of the retainers don't have a tight fit on the door studs. I've ordered new door studs as well as door stud retainers. I've actually ordered some made by All Makes 4X4 and Britpart just to see if there is any slight difference.

·
Banned
42 Posts
There is a yard nearby that I just pulled some door handles off a 2000--all the door cards are still there & I'm happy to grab you a bunch of the door studs when I'm there later this week.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the offer no worries though. I got some new ones. Pretty cheap from Atlantic British. Actually pay more for shipping them than the cost of the door studs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts