RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 RR where the passenger side door won't open from the inside. I would like the proper procedure for removing the door panel and any tips on what might be wrong. Appreciate any help in fixing.

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Theres a cable that runs to the inside handle, its not uncommon for them to break. If you can open the door from the outside its most likely the cable. To remove the door panel, first remove the tweeter speaker cover at the top front of the door, by the side mirror, there is one screw behind it that needs to be removed. There are 2 screws under the armrest, then 1 in the the interior handle surround, after removing the screw you can pull the handle surround off. Once all the screws are out, the panel is just held on by pop clips. Either a panel remover tool or a flat head screwdriver will work, just take your time as most land rover plastic is brittle after a few years. Good luck.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you want to see diagrams get yourself a copy of RAVE - it's all in there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
sometimes the cable end pulls out of a white nylon bush at the interior handle end. In this case, you don't need to remove the panel. Just remove one screw securing the interior handle surround, remove surround and manouvre the cable end (crimped bent metal rod) back into the bush with long-nosed pliers. Takes 2 minutes... but don't lose the screw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for responding to my door panel post as follows:
sometimes the cable end pulls out of a white nylon bush at the interior handle end. In this case, you don't need to remove the panel. Just remove one screw securing the interior handle surround, remove surround and manouvre the cable end (crimped bent metal rod) back into the bush with long-nosed pliers. Takes 2 minutes... but don't lose the screw.greenslade

You were right the cable just slipped out of the white nylon bush. The problem is a piece of the nylon bush is broken and it will slip out again. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I haven't found the clip as a separate part and had to buy a complete new door handle :(

A breaker might have it, but if he wants to sell it separate is another story...

Sigi

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I had it wrong. It was not broken at all. Finally got smart and looked at the opposite door. The opening in the nylon bush allowed me to press the cable back down deeper and it snapped in correctly. It works fine now! Thank you for all your help. Problem solved.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts