RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some research I still have a question, are the door outstations interchangable?
While looking at the Rave If I am not mistaken the door outstation controls the Window motor, The door Latch and the Mirror can anyone confirm this for me?
FYI, I am not having any issues, I asked because I am stocking spare parts for my Rangi .

Thanks Scotty

·
Registered
453 Posts
They seem to be interchangable, i have read on here that someone suggested a door outstation was swapped with the other side to eliminate the outstation being the problem.

They come in a number of ways though:-

AMR3357 Front Low Line
ARM3358 Front High Line

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Yes they are swappable,but I wouldnt bother spending too much money on them - I'e never seen one fail and i have a few units on the shelf ready to go....
Door electrical faults are usually failed latches,rotten multiplugs in the door pillars or rotten cables under the carpets.
But never say never Eh ?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys, I can get one at wrecking yard for 20.00 I piced up a drivers door latch for 5.00...

Scotty :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dear All,
to revive this thread, i've searched for what i can find on outstations. My drivers door mirror only goes up and down. the in / out does not work. the switch pack is brand new. the motors in the mirror work when powered directly, up down, in and out. when connected to the outstation when the switch pack rocker is activated the door outstation makes a clicking noise - presumably a relay - but there is no voltage on the appropriate pins on the wing mirror connector. There are positive volts but it does not reverse when the switch pack rocker is moved the other way.
So i'm assuming i have a duff door outstation.
My question is are they repairable?
Does AllyV8 still have any?
Advice on how to proceed, take it apart of go to a breaker?
Thanks in advance

Regards
Paul Cundy

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,220 Posts
They probably are repairable... if you can hear the relay clicking but nothing happening, then it will be one of a couple of things... 1) the relay coil is energising but the contacts aren't making full contact internally so the power isn't being routed through the relay, or there is a problem on the outstation board with either the power or ground to the relay switched contacts.

I haven't had an outstation apart in awhile, but think they are a dual coil relay which depending on what coil is energised will reverse the polarity of the output pins - thus driving the motor one way or the other.

If the relay is clicking then you know that the switch pack, BECM and serial link to the door are OK, but the issue has to either be in a connector, wiring, or the outstation itself.

As far as I know they are interchangeable - though there were high and low line versions as there were for BECMs however I am not sure what the internal outstation differences are between high/low line outstations.

If you swap the outstation and it fixes the problem, then I wouldn't mind acquiring the old one when I get home in a few weeks to see if I can find out what's failed in it for future reference....

Hope this helps,
Marty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts