RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, forum

When it is cold outside, the key in the door latch will not disable the alarm. It will unlock the truck, but thats it. If it is warm or hot out, the truck will unlock and the alarm will disable. Is there a fix for this? The car has no fob so I can only use my key to lock/unlock the vehicle.

THank you.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The keyswitch microswitch is failing in the cold so the BeCM doesn't know you turned the key, it thinks you smashed the window and pulled the sill button up. To unlock and disable the alarm it needs to see a change of state from both the keyswitch and the central locking switch. New latch required.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay perfect. So all I need a new door latch. Thank you.

edit: Is it at all possible to repair the existing unit? I just saw the price on these latches are upwards of $200 bucks...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It is possible to replace the microswitches but they have a non-standard mounting hole spacing so it's not a simple job. However, as you are in the US, you can take advantage of a deal at Rimmers. The P38 latches are the same as those used on the MGTF and as there aren't that many LHD MGs in the UK, they are a clearance item https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-FQJ102292PMA

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much. That is huge savings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts