RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As door latches are a common failure item on classics, I thought some one would know which GM truck has the same latches as Classic, I heard the plastic parts that break on these are metal on the GMs, someone told me about this once and I thought I would remember, but of course I didnt ( brain damage from sleeping in Buick with leaking gas tank). Also, door handles are same as pugeot , which are probably harder to find in a wrecking yard than Range Rover. Still good to know in case I ever find one.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Knowing your location would help with a few of your comments. Please fill out your profile and signature.

Peugeot I would easily believe. The 505 series handles do look to be the same. As far as latches I remember reasing the same. Even though Peugeot hasn't been sold here in the US for many years they are easily found in some of the out of area breakers. As far as GM products, I don't recall anything looking the same here in the States. However in EU ans AU there are many GM models that were enver indroduced here.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Some lotuses have the same door handles, good luck finding one of those in the scrappy.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Originally Morris Marina :shock:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not 100% certain they're totally interchangeable but AMCs from the 60's to the 80s (Hornets, Gremlins, Pacers ) had same type of door handles I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts