RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I admit...This is my first post...

I have a 2006 Range Rover Sport, and I was wondering how easy is it to replace the type of external door handle?

Unfortunately, I have the solid Single piece handle and I want to change to the newer two-piece "Skin" design. Do I have to change anything INSIDE the actual door or will it be a direct replacement?

I have found lots informaton with ref to removing Skins, and actually removing the handles. Just no confirmation if they can be phyically swapped without taking the door apart?

Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
510 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Ray. I've never seen this doc.

I'm thinking of changing the type of handle I have. My handles are the early type - solid, and only installed up to 2006. After that they used a two-part handle that had removable skins.

My thinking....remove my current handle (as per the instructions) and buy some refurbed ones from a scrapped 2007-2009 model (approx £15 each). Install, and remove the SKINS and get them painted to match the body colour. This way, I can still use the car!!

I'm not 100% sure if its a simple replacement of the handle or will it entail taking the door apart to fit any corresponding internal door parts.

again thanks fo the quick reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. It's funny, I litterally spent weeks looking at this site...then All of a sudden I see them!! :) A lot easier and cheaper!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts