RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1988 Range Rover classic (US model). i closed the seat belt in the door latch the other day. it wouldn't open with the door handle on the out side, but you could use the inside handle to open the door. i took the door panel off and looked to see if a rod came off or was messed up. i didn't see anything that jumped out. but i could see that when you use the door handle on the outside, it moves the release but it stops short of a full release. the inside handle works perfectly fine.
any ideas to what may need to be done?
thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
You need to disconnect the outside rod and then it will screw in or out to give it the right tension... I think it is out..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to disconnect the outside rod and then it will screw in or out to give it the right tension... I think it is out..
sounds like a good place to start. i saw the threaded rod going down to the locking hardware, though about adjusting that too. but ill get up there to the first rod and see how it looks and if that does the trick.
thank you for the insight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a 1988 Range Rover classic (US model). i closed the seat belt in the door latch the other day. it wouldn't open with the door handle on the out side, but you could use the inside handle to open the door. i took the door panel off and looked to see if a rod came off or was messed up. i didn't see anything that jumped out. but i could see that when you use the door handle on the outside, it moves the release but it stops short of a full release. the inside handle works perfectly fine.
any ideas to what may need to be done?
thanks for your input.
This is a common fault in these cars.. the littlet rod essentially has either bent or its just worn away. I have 2 RRCs, I think - I crudely - used the tip of a Bic pen to add the extra mm it needed and ive had no problems since

1 - 4 of 4 Posts