RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, while cleaning my new 2004 RR, I found the rear door card pulling away. After finding a razor blade earlier in a strange place I was hoping to find cash from a drug deal in the door but no luck. Just the usual plastic retaining pin mounts coming Unglued or off. I've used many different glues on my BMW door cards with mixed results. Any suggestions?

In seeing the back of the card I see how the armrest is attached. I assume the front armrest is attached the same way. I don't see any major issue in removing the armrest to recover.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK no replies so I went with Loctite spastic epoxy. I drilled some small port holes in the top edge plastic to copy the holes on the pin tabs to give a better anchor. Clamp for at least 30 min and sit overnight to fully cure. I will post the armrest fix in a separate thread when I get to it.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I took a small butane torch to them. Many of the points had separated when I pulled by panel off in the cold winter months. I simply re-used the same glue by heating it up again. Worked like a charm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a small butane torch to them. Many of the points had separated when I pulled by panel off in the cold winter months. I simply re-used the same glue by heating it up again. Worked like a charm.
Thanks this is good to know.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top