RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that when I flip my visor back up the light will remain on unless I slide the mirror cover closed. In all my other cars (non-RRs) it would turn off when flipped back into place. I'm wondering if there is a setting or if this could drain the battery. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Unfortunately that seems to be normal behavior. Just have to make habit of closing it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hate to say it, but I have sat in car wondering "does the light go out when I slide the cover closed?" then I try to see if does.

I feel like a kid trying to see if the refrigerator light goes out when he closes the door.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
My biggest problem with lights is the rear cabin lights over the doors. Every time I put my kid in his car seat, no matter how careful I am, it seems my hair barely grazes the lens and the light comes on. I just ordered a panel removal kit just so I could get the ****ed bulb out of that thing.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,444 Posts
My biggest problem with lights is the rear cabin lights over the doors. Every time I put my kid in his car seat, no matter how careful I am, it seems my hair barely grazes the lens and the light comes on. I just ordered a panel removal kit just so I could get the ****ed bulb out of that thing.
Try cutting your hair more than once a year.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's pretty funny! That's something my teenage boys would do just to mess with me. They sat in the dark garage and tested the visor to confirm it won't ever go off if you don't push the mirror closed. While I appreciated them taking the initiative (and filling up the tank at my expense)...I woke this morning to:

1) 3 new car seat memory settings for 1) a Toddler 2) a giant 3) a person with very long legs, a freakishly short torso and 6" arms
2) my satellite radio now has the benefit of 9 preset rap stations and 9 classical music stations
3) an unopened beer cooling in the cooler
4) quick and easy ability to use my nav system to get to all my friends houses now identified by the nicknames: HotOne OldOne MeanOne and my favorite ShesMine

They have been in the car for the last hour un-doing their handiwork. They are both grounded forever... although it was pretty funny and they did work together on something.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
WShelley, `) too funny! Mine wouldn't dare to change anything in my car ... it took years to complete that training, specially for my now 16 year old, the tech/geek. I need to take a ride in what is now "his" SUV (my old MDX), as a passenger, and start changing radio/audio/etc settings just like he used to do ;-)

I keep meaning to mention, that this same teen, looked just like you avatar when he was that age. Seriously, if I sent that photo to my Mom and said I found a cute old photo of him -- she would believe it was him!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Funny kids. You can't get mad at them.

-ThinkMac-

That's pretty funny! That's something my teenage boys would do just to mess with me. They sat in the dark garage and tested the visor to confirm it won't ever go off if you don't push the mirror closed. While I appreciated them taking the initiative (and filling up the tank at my expense)...I woke this morning to:

1) 3 new car seat memory settings for 1) a Toddler 2) a giant 3) a person with very long legs, a freakishly short torso and 6" arms
2) my satellite radio now has the benefit of 9 preset rap stations and 9 classical music stations
4) quick and easy ability to use my nav system to get to all my friends houses now identified by the nicknames: HotOne OldOne MeanOne and my favorite ShesMine

They have been in the car for the last hour un-doing their handiwork. They are both grounded forever... although it was pretty funny and they did work together on something.

·
Registered
167 Posts

That is just plain funny! It seems they know how to have fun, without taking it too far. Good parenting. At least that is what I would tell myself if my kids exhibited the same behavior. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ms. MDX very funny. I am completely going to do that...although if it requires riding with him it may not be worth it. That little boy is a character for sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Funny kids. You can't get mad at them.

-ThinkMac-
I (Capt Obvious) always ask when hearing these types of stories - "my God, who is raising these kids" - as I look the parent in the eye.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You only get a vote if you have raised two freakishly large teenage boys at the same time. `) It's a right of passage. You must have survived the constant hunt for the "mystery smell", the contests to see who can go without showering the longest, non-stop public scratching, shoes that must be burned at the end of their life because the trash man refuses to take them and 7 days of laundry which includes 3 unworn still folded items, and 1 pair of socks and underwear. I have stopped them from peeing in the yard "just cause they could" so I consider it a successful Junior year of high school. Seriously though - it was pretty harmless and very funny. They know the boundaries for sure - as I had to see my last 2004 RR HSE after football equipment was left in it in the Texas sun for 3 days resulting in a smell that permanently bonded with the interior fabric.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I (Capt Obvious) always ask when hearing these types of stories - "my God, who is raising these kids" - as I look the parent in the eye.
You only get a vote if you have raised two freakishly large teenage boys at the same time. `) It's a right of passage. You must have survived the constant hunt for the "mystery smell", the contests to see who can go without showering the longest, non-stop public scratching, shoes that must be burned at the end of their life because the trash man refuses to take them and 7 days of laundry which includes 3 unworn still folded items, and 1 pair of socks and underwear. I have stopped them from peeing in the yard "just cause they could" so I consider it a successful Junior year of high school. Seriously though - it was pretty harmless and very funny. They know the boundaries for sure - as I had to see my last 2004 RR HSE after football equipment was left in it in the Texas sun for 3 days resulting in a smell that permanently bonded with the interior fabric.
WShelley - it was a joke, sorry if it was written like it wasn't. I have raised 4 kids myself (all grown now). I like your sense of humor, your wit and candidness in this forum along with your writing style. ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awe thank you. I took it as one. FOUR?! You are my hero. I would be a drug abusing alcoholic if I had so much as one more living thing in my home. I cannot even imagine four.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts