RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Does your spare looks like Alan's or it has holes like mine?

·
Registered
269 Posts
My spare wheel is a 18" Hurricane, exactly the same as the wheels on my RR. :think: I thought the spare was always the same as what came with the car when new.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Mine is a mondial with original scorpion. I remember reading somewhere that upper model cars came with matching style alloys where the lesser model rigs came with steel wheels. If it is a factory wheel I believe it should be the style with the holes. However with so many market variations who knows.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My 1996 DT has a spare with holes. I presumed this was a design feature to prevent water pooling in the groove when stored in the rather aptly named wheel well.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My old '95 SE had a steel spare with holes. My current '99 HSE has a matching Hurricane. Not sure if it is an SE/HSE thing or a difference in year.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
660 Posts
97 4.0 SE (UK) has 18" alloys inc spare but with vehicles as old as ours are becoming with yearly spec changes and first owner choosing options and subsequent owners upgrading, losing, trading I suppose "you've got what you've got".......

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
The P38a low spec version came with 3 different steel wheels, depending on the year:
ANR3232 (with holes I believe)
ANR5829 (without holes?)
and finally RRC114560MUW (only one still available from LR)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts