RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Range Rover HSE Super Charged

Hey everyone out there in Rover Land. Im looking for any and all insight on two problems not linked together.

1) PDC system does not appear to be working. When the vehicle is placed in reverse it makes a the hight pitched tone for about 5 sec's or until button is pressed to turn in off. If I turn the key on and place the vehicle in reverse (engine not running) there is one sensor at the rear that is not emitting the tell take "ticking" noise. Will this one faulty reverse sensor disrupt the whole system ?

2) Further to an earlier post with out much response I am having vibrations while slightly under load in 5th or 6th gear around 2000 rpm. It is most akin to driving a manual trans and selecting too high a gear for the grade of road - resulting in a "lugging" or shudder of the entire vehicle. If the accelerator is more aggressively depressed either forcing a down shift or allowing for harder acceleration the "shudder" stops. I have checked fuel flow and air filter to ensure good delivery and the probably still exists. It is most prominent in regular trans mode but can be coerced in sport trans mode as well.

Any and all feed back will be spectacular.

regards,

2006 Range Rover HSE Super Charged

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Does one rotten apple spoil the whole bunch and then some?

As far as number 2/ a friend of mine has a supercharged and had various hicups with his auto box . he had the stealer update the software , and everything bacjk to smooth .
This soft update should be free of charge and take a few minutes only ;
get in tiouch with your stealer ... `8)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

Rover2264 said:
1) PDC system does not appear to be working. When the vehicle is placed in reverse it makes a the hight pitched tone for about 5 sec's or until button is pressed to turn in off. If I turn the key on and place the vehicle in reverse (engine not running) there is one sensor at the rear that is not emitting the tell take "ticking" noise. Will this one faulty reverse sensor disrupt the whole system ?
Not sure what you mean by "ticking noise" but yeah, one bad rear (or front) sensor will disable the entire bank of sensors on that bumper - and the alarm you hear will be triggered each time - until the offending part is replaced. Or maybe it's just wet and shorted, and it may start working again after it dries up. Happened to one of the rear sensors on my Sport for a few months, after a heavy rain or a car wash it would fail and then would start working again after a day or two of dry weather. Eventually though, I had to replace it. It's fairly inexpensive, especially if they don't have to take down the bumper to switch it.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts

It is true, I listened to each sensor and they all tick!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts