Range Rovers Forum banner

Does my website build match the TOPIX summary?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kineticfive 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just reviewed my TOPIX summary and compared it against my build from the LR website. The TOPIX summary is attached as a PDF. The website build is here http://bit.ly/1nC80CU

Other than the dealer's fxck/up for ordering an ebony headliner that I didn't want, I can't really tell whether my TOPIX summary lists all of my website picks. For example, TOPIX summary says "less Lane Departure Warning"; I thought that would be a part of the options I picked. What about "Less Cellphone Interface" and "SOS/Assistance call". I seriously thought those would be included in my order....

thanks in advance.

Attachments

#2 ·
I haven't followed up with the various options and gizmos included in Land Rover's packages for the L494 lately, but is there one that includes Land Departure Warning? I can't see it on the web site. Same for "Cellphone Interface System" and "SOS Assistance/Call", I thought those features would be part of the upcoming new InControl interface (which is not yet available on the NAS Sport AFAIK.)

#3 ·
So, I'm guessing this is your first new Land Rover order. Welcome. What you need to be aware of is that these order confirmations come from a global system, while the website where you build your car is localized properly. In other words, the order system knows each and every available item for the 494 (or any other Land Rover), but the website only offers you items that are available in North America (in your case). If you go to www.landrover.co.uk you will see that there are differences. If you go to the Australian site, and build your car, you will see some differences again.
The specific items you're mentioning are not available in North America. I didn't realize Lane Departure Warning was available for the Sport at all, apparently on some markets it is. Your dealer can and should have told you all these.

#5 ·
Thanks Totya and Umbertob. I understand that TOPIX is global and US website is localized. I am just surprised that lane departure warning is not offered as part of the vision/convenience or adaptive cruise package, considering that in most other premium car brands, it is included.

I also had a bad experience with my salesman who put an incorrect headliner option. I'm not sure what else he did wrong and I want to be ready with this knowledge (of any other errors) before my delivery date, which is July 7.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.