RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: Does iPhone have to be plugged into the cradle for address

There is no iPhone cradle, it's Bluetooth only. Unless you have a MY08 or later, you can't download phonebooks into the PTI system over Bluetooth. There is a software patch for MY06 and 07s that is supposed to update your module to allow phonebook over Bluetooth for approved phones, check this thread to see the details and to verify your VIN is among the upgradeable ones: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24358. Finally, not all Bluetooth phones are compatible with this feature, even on newer (08 and later) Range Rovers. To check handset compatibility: http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/_popu ... bility.htm

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I had that TSB performed and it still doesn't work. The link does say that an iphone is compatible.
Any other ideas?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

There have been reports where the software update didn't "take" when applied to early Nokia modules. If your car is within the VIN range, your iPhone is up to date with the Land Rover tested firmware version, and the software patch doesn't work (and you are still under factory warranty), your existing module should be considered defective and the dealer should replace it with an updated PTI module at no charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts