RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does dynamic mode have any effect on suspension height and is it just me or is the exhaust noticeably louder in dynamic mode? This is for a 2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It does on mine. I have a fix step and in dynamic I touch them to go in in my garage, in auto nothing touch...

·
Registered
112 Posts
If be curiois to know, but i’d think it probably lowers a hair.

I could be wrong on the exhaust, but i dont think there is anything but piping, unlike the SVR. They have a valve in the exhaust which can make it louder/quieter by redirecting air into or around a resonator/attenuator.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I will say my car has a deeper startup when I turn the car over in dynamic mode.

Also. With the velocity tune in dynamic mode Inget exhaust pops at about 3k RPM when letting off the throttle. Doesn’t happen in standard or auto mode.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not too sure of the lowering but I read/ heard somewhere it does lower. The Dynamic is louder than the normal/ auto mode, to my ears at least. Everyday when I drive down the slight slopes out of the 3 story garage parking at my work I notice the sound louder in the Dynamic vs Auto. Also in regular driving too.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Folks, this could be an early vs later 494 item. Since some of your have no model info posted or in your signatures we are unable to compare those that do vs the ones that don't.

Dynamic mode has been around since second gen L322s under one name or another. It has never impacted EAS height.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe you are right but how you can explain that in Dynamic I touch the bottom on my fix step (same spot same speed) and nothing in auto? It is just how the suspension react?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
That is not the issue... you don't have your info in your signature as noted in the guidelines. So your's is one that lowers in Dynamic... okay. We have no idea if you are an early or a later model. Kind of hard to piece together an educated guess on if/when programming changes happened if we have no basic info.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know about the suspension height, as I haven't tested, but the electronically-actuated (magnetic iirc?) anti-roll bars might be why you see your 'fix step' touching in dynamic and not in auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulkFsUnw64

With regard to sound, the exhaust system in any non-SVR seems to me to be wholly static, so changes in timbre are likely due to the differences in the fueling tables and timing for the Dynamic Mode's engine map/tables, and/or (I've yet to research this powerplant at all, but maybe?) variation for the valvetrain's cam profiles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry, I add my year and model on my garage picture (2015- SC Dynamic).

Packetpilot, I think you nail it!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know about the suspension height, as I haven't tested, but the electronically-actuated (magnetic iirc?) anti-roll bars might be why you see your 'fix step' touching in dynamic and not in auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XulkFsUnw64

With regard to sound, the exhaust system in any non-SVR seems to me to be wholly static, so changes in timbre are likely due to the differences in the fueling tables and timing for the Dynamic Mode's engine map/tables, and/or (I've yet to research this powerplant at all, but maybe?) variation for the valvetrain's cam profiles.
Makes sense on the sound part :thumb:

So does putting it in Sport mode along with Dynamic lowers or that's a no too?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The 2018 lowers 15mm above 65 mph to improve aerodynamics, I’m not sure about earlier models but they probably do too.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
EAS has done that since the last of the Classics. Lowering to motorway/highway level also improves stability at higher speeds. It's common for folks to have their motorway setting lowered a bit to improve both and some folks do it for looks.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
EAS has done that since the last of the Classics. Lowering to motorway/highway level also improves stability at higher speeds. It's common for folks to have their motorway setting lowered a bit to improve both and some folks do it for looks.
Thanks, I didn’t know that. It lowers automatically, was it possible to do it manually in earlier models?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
I believe you could by pressing the inhibit switch and the pressing the down button but I don;t know if that carried through all generations of L322 and L320s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts