RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting some ideas. Nothing to crazy. Well, just one crazy idea but the rest are sane. Does anyone have a pic of a P38 range with everything painted in a (normal Color) Preference black with the bumpers front and year painted along with grille.

I think I want to get the painting done and maybe throw in some strip LED lighting in the bumper ("<--thats the crazy idea") and upgrade the light bulbs to true H.I.D. around 6000k, None of the deep blue or purple crap but a slight slight light tint a blue would be nice. Again, just random thoughts..... :think:

I dont want to do the whole make the range look sport range look. Not really my style. But A good refresh would be nice. Besides, I tired of applying the coating to the bumper every week to keep it shinning black.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, chrome strips...

Maybe. However, I think doing the bumpers and grille in a gloss black well give it a fresher look. That and with the LED strips inplanted into the bumper.... :think:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine is colour coded in Woodcote green and looks really good - don't think it was made like that and think it was done by a previous owner but the paint job is first class.

I can't seem to upload any photos from my iphone which is probably a reflection more of my delinquent computer skills than anything else - keep getting the message that the file is too big. I'll keep at it.

Regards

Andy (Melbourne)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FOUND ONE!!!

Yeah, I think I am going to do this.

Above with HID and LED lighting, this should come out pretty good. Now I just need some time off, lol :thumb:

0.o , I dont think i will paint the letters, That is a bit to much...

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy, Thats a heck of a range. Looks great. What wheels are those?????

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks -yours looms pretty good too - I've just about got her all finished now - that's a big 5.0 litre rumbling under the bonnet.

the wheels are from Rimmer Bros in the UK - genuine 2 piece Land Rover wheel - I think they are called Speedline but not sure. Also just had the exhaust done - I quite like the was the tailpipes fit quite snug and high up against the underside of the rear bumper. here are some more pics.

ttp://img132.imageshack.us/i/8c92a235.jpg/

http://img27.imageshack.us/i/1582006.jpg/

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/1a18b204.jpg/

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
269 Posts

Painted Grill, Bib Spoiler and skirts on mine :thumb:

All with various painted bits...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts