Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Range Rover HSE Westminster P400
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we want to be able to put hitch rack on our 21 Range Rover and I can’t for the life of me find a definitive picture of what the factory tow hitch will look like. I’m trying to decide whether I want to go with a stealth hitch or just the factory option. At the moment I don’t plan on any actual towing but it would be nice to have the option. Just trying to decide if I like how the factory option looks vs utilizing the stealth hitch.
Thanks for any pics

·
Registered
259 Posts
Best picture I can produce at the moment.

Red arrow shows where the stock tow hitch receiver is (with a rubber cover on it) and the rubber cover to the right of it is for the wiring harness to plug in if towing a trailer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I like that. The stealth hitch is neat but I don’t love the idea of having that panel off while using the hitch. Just seems it look funny. I may just be peculiar though.

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover 5.0SC
34 Posts
I don’t take the rear panel off when using my OEM hitch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t take the rear panel off when using my OEM hitch.
I was referring to the StealthHitch. Once mounted, you remove the rear center panel and insert their hitch or ball adapter. After seeing what the factory hitch looks like, I believe I’m going to go that route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I investigated both options about a year ago and had some of the same questions (along with factory option availability and overall cost). I actually have a thread attached below.

I have had this on for over a year now and I really like it. It is definitely a little more exposed when in use but if your not planning to tow on a regular basis (or maybe at all and just want the option at some point) then being a little exposed while towing may not be a big deal.

With the factory option, you have to cut / remove the lower portion of the cover permanently exposing the lower half and the hitch is always visible (but as you can see above, its not so bad). Again, if your planning to tow on a regular basis then this maybe the best option but if just occasionally, then….

Stealth Hitch can be removed and the cover reattached in less than a minute. So when I am not towing (90% of the time) I remove and place the original cover back in place and you never know its there.

What a great forum and really appreciate all of the opinions and discussions. Always great to hear from real owners and get their perspectives as opposed to the dealerships.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I investigated both options about a year ago and had some of the same questions (along with factory option availability and overall cost). I actually have a thread attached below.

I have had this on for over a year now and I really like it. It is definitely a little more exposed when in use but if your not planning to tow on a regular basis (or maybe at all and just want the option at some point) then being a little exposed while towing may not be a big deal.

With the factory option, you have to cut / remove the lower portion of the cover permanently exposing the lower half and the hitch is always visible (but as you can see above, its not so bad). Again, if your planning to tow on a regular basis then this maybe the best option but if just occasionally, then….

Stealth Hitch can be removed and the cover reattached in less than a minute. So when I am not towing (90% of the time) I remove and place the original cover back in place and you never know its there.

What a great forum and really appreciate all of the opinions and discussions. Always great to hear from real owners and get their perspectives as opposed to the dealerships.

Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the reply! I did check out your thread originally. I believe you can purchase a new tow package panel specifically so you don’t have to cut the center piece. Im leaning more towards OEM but the StealthHitch looks like a great option!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picked up the factory hitch today for a pretty good deal! Under a grand for all the parts. I decided to hold off on any electronics because I doubt I’ll ever tow with it. Just hitch baskets and hitch accessories. Anybody have any links to instructions? I haven’t found anything yet other than how to remove the bumper carefully. I’m sure it can’t be that hard.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2019 RR HSE
38 Posts
Hey Folks,

I am probably going to have my dealer install the factory hitch receiver at some point. Are there any other upgrades needed for towing? I know in the past US manufacturers would put extra cooling and a bigger alternator in some towing packages.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Folks,

I am probably going to have my dealer install the factory hitch receiver at some point. Are there any other upgrades needed for towing? I know in the past US manufacturers would put extra cooling and a bigger alternator in some towing packages.

Thanks,
Robert
When you add the tow hitch while building a RR online, it does not appear there are any other additions other than the actual tow hitch/bar.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts