RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when surfing the net I came across this new (?) type of diff. lockers.

they are manufactured in Brazil by Nekarth and sold under the name of Kaiserlockers

the site of Kaiserlockers: http://www.kaiserlocker.com/en/

they seem very interesting to me to put on my P38 2.5DSE (in Europe we had and have a lot of Diesel engines), but I'm not sure if they will fit. The sales representative even sent a drawing with measures, but I don't have anything to compare it with (unless I open my Diff's). They sell the same lockers for defenders and Discovery's (LR2), same serial numbers.

Does anybody have any experience with these? Does anybody have measurements of the differential (in front and/or rear axle)?

thanx a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Probably should have answered this on the Belgian forum. :wink:

Looking at the exploded view of the locker, it seems to operate exactly the same way a Detroit Locker (No-Spin) does. So it's always locked but allows the outside wheel to turn faster in a corner, but without being powered!
Not my choice for a Range Rover.

As for fitting, ARB diffs for a P38a have a different product code as diffs for Defender/RRC/Disco 1. For TrueTrac, Ashcroft states a spacerring is needed when installing in a P38a axle. I doubt the Kaiserlockers could be a 'one-size-fits-all' solution.

Greetz,

Filip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts