RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of articles about the new 2012 range rover and spy shots of a test mule. But when they say 2012 do they mean a 2013 model or do they mean the next model will have a new body style?

Looking to lease a 2011 for 3 years, if the car is supposed to change next year I will wait the year, but if it's a 2013 model it would be good to do a lease now and get the new body style a year after it's out.

Do you guys have any real info on when the body style is supposed to change?

·
Registered
952 Posts
There are no spy shots or mules of the next gen RR because no such animals yet exist. Go ahead and buy. It isn't happening soon.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,761 Posts
I think the Autocar pic is just a rendering while the MA article is testing the new panels. At last check the MarkIV has yet to be actually spotted in the wild in any form. `) With the take over of Tata all previous schedules and plans were put on hold. Of course I'd love to be proven wrong and see the MarkIV in the flesh!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
My guess (we are all guessing right now) is that the new lighter platform Range Rover will be introduced in a couple of years (2nd half of 2012) as a 2013 model, just like the MA article (and another one on Car Magazine) suggest. Of course, like you I would avoid a new platform Land Rover like the plague for at least a year myself... Either way, next year would be way too soon for a new Range Rover, so go ahead and lease... Traitor! :wink:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
KyleT said:
yes, that should be a rendering of a Evoque based 4 (or 5 door). not the true Range Rover fullsize.
Renderings this far in advance are just guesses - but I don't believe that the writers at Autocar are that confused. This is their take on what the new FFRR will look like. And there will certainly be styling elements taken from the Evoque to retain the family resemblance.

The opening line of the Motorauthority article made me chuckle: "The Range Rover SUV is not only one of the most important models for rappers all over the world, but it’s also crucial for Land Rover..."

·
Registered
405 Posts
Stevemfr said:
KyleT said:
The opening line of the Motorauthority article made me chuckle: "The Range Rover SUV is not only one of the most important models for rappers all over the world, but it’s also crucial for Land Rover..."

What a stupid line to put in an article. The same thing could be said about Rolls or Ferrari however most people know that the cars in rapper videos and Cribs are rented. It always cracks me up when on Cribs, a rapper shows off what he claims is his new Rolls and Lambo however his favorite car is some POS 1967 Impala with purple paint and 26 inch Chinese wheels.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
976 Posts
Autocar always seems to put up these overdone renderings - the only thing I'd believe with that picture when compared to what we will actually see, is that the next Range Rover will have 4 wheels, headlights, windows & doors.

I'm in the same situation as the OP, just ordered a 2011 for delivery in the next 3 - 6 months and then practically the next day, we have quotes from Gerry McGovern saying the new one is signed off already. We can hope for some kind of possible, early termination!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah here is an article with some quotes from Gerry McGovern about the new Range Rover. It does seem like it will be a 2013 model. I should be picking up a 2011 tomorrow and my 3 year lease will end a year after it will be released, seems like the timing will work well for me.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hse lux, with pretty much everything but the rear entertainment system. Btw, has anyone ever tried the dealer option rear entertainment system? Is it any good? I have the factory rse now in my sport and used it maybe once, but with a kid on the way I am guessing it would be good to have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts