RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - don't flame me or tell me RTFM (which I plan to do this weekend!).
:mrgreen:
Sitting at my desk and wondering if real time traffic (via Sat Radio) is part of the new setup? I was in a friend's Mercedes GL last night and their real time traffic works killer and they can even send a google map to their car! Quite Cool

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
No real time traffic in North America (kind of disappointing considering that both Sirius and XM, now one big happy family, have offered that service to subscribers equipped with the proper hardware for a while now), although a similar technology is available free of charge to RRS owners in many European countries - it's called Traffic Message Channel and I think traffic and weather info is broadcast to the built-in TMC tuner/receiver through a dedicated FM radio channel. Unfortunately we don't have that receiver on our cars here since there is no such technology available in North America. :(

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine has real time traffic. It was a pretty expensive option, but well worth it. Simple to use really. I just open my eyes and look out the windows. Cant get any more real than that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No. I had this in my BMW and really got used to viewing what was ahead. Kind of surprised when the RRS did not show traffic congestion, alerts etc.. when its available on most makes now....

·
Registered
217 Posts
haha...very good. Just get one of those little phone holders and mount your iphone to the dash. Google maps on the phone has real time traffic.

kstatenupe said:
Mine has real time traffic. It was a pretty expensive option, but well worth it. Simple to use really. I just open my eyes and look out the windows. Cant get any more real than that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you dig through the Nav menus, you can still find the options to adjust certain traffic warning settings. Complete tease.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
83 Posts
No real time traffic, but it does offer up to the minute trail conditions and weather. Furthermore, the car is so incredible that I love being stuck in traffic. Finally it pretty much is capable of driving over most obstacles, so it is best to buy a Valentine 1, install per Umberto's perfect instructions, and if in the clear from the "Bogey" standpoint drive around whatever stands in your way.

Happy trails.

Srr

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
JPinAZ said:
Kind of surprised when the RRS did not show traffic congestion, alerts etc.. when its available on most makes now....
You must be new. LR likes to let all the other brands roll out the cool features first. You can expect realtime traffic on the 2017 model RRS, so just be patient. In the meantime, be happy with your $10,000 dummy knob with pictures of cacti and snowflakes. `)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hah - this has turned into a funny thread. About as advanced as the Germans building cars - I bet the Honda Civics & Nissan Altimas have had real time traffic for a couple of years now.

My friend with the new Mercedes that has it can even send herself a route via google maps from the desktop. Quite cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts