• Aftermarket wheels / NO

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was just curious how many of you use anti-theft wheel lug nuts on your vehicle. There seems to be 2 divisive camps on this one: (1) those who don't believe they will do anything to stop a determined thief and (2) those who feel that the small cost is peace of mind and will deter the common thief.

Further, those who have aftermarket wheels, are you more so inclined to use anti-theft lug nuts? Or no?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
327 Posts
I don't use them, don't think I have on any of my cars. I never even checked to see if these have tilt sensors. On my S600, If you lift it while it's locked, the car the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,941 Posts
who steals Range Rover wheels?
The only person that will be deterred is the mechanic thats working on the truck,
or the owner if he gets a flat tire .
They make locking lug removal tools that are easy to procure.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
i took ours off to avoid the nuisance but i'm not running the most expensive tires either. i am sure there are strapped range owners who would buy hot wheels. the tilt alarm and who has it is an interesting point. but these days anything that isn't nailed down seems to be fair game for criminals.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the poll and comment replies. I have never actually gone out of my way to buy anti-theft wheel lug nuts for any vehicle I have ever owned in my life but some vehicles just happened to have them so I used them when they were there. This entailed always keeping the lug nut key somewhere safe yet accessible by myself and auto shops.

There was one occasion I remember vividly where I dropped off one of my vehicles to get new tires installed and I absent-mindedly left the lug nut key in a toolbox in another car. The auto tech, who was a friend of a friend, called me in the middle of the day, chuckling, but deep down inside I knew he was disappointed in me. :oops:

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Don't use them and I don't like them. I had a Porsche a number of years back with them and I don't recall why but they could not be removed (I had the appropriate "key"). I had to drill them all out. Since then I avoid them and replace them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts