Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.. sort of a quirky question but I stopped by the dealer today for a part and bought a freakin $15 keychain while I was in there. I generally just throw my key in my front pocket. Figured the key was bulky enough by itself. Just got me to thinking, how many of you put your Rover key on a keychain??????? :)

· Registered
93 Posts
My Rover key is all I carry. Home keys and office keys stay in the center console and they are backups anyway as I have keypad entry locks at them. I'm keyless sort of :)

I do have the range rover key chain the dealer gave me I like it but that is it.

· Registered
1,748 Posts
Two RR keys.
One has a simple key ring with a simple silver metalic "Hawaii" fob, and the other has a simple ring with a simple two-tone fob from were I work (with the company logo).

Like many RR owners, I'm not too fond of clutter.

· Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
447 Posts
I only carry the key of the car I'm driving at the time. Our garage is the main entry to the house and we don't lock the door from the garage to the house. We also have a security system we are religious in using. One of my vows decades ago was not to be burdened by carrying keys, and I succeeded! One garage door has a UPS, in case of power failure, and two of the three garage doors have keypads if someone drops me at the house.

· Registered
447 Posts
I put on the UPS, IIRC, before the openers with the built-in batteries were available. I realized one day that no one in my family carries a house key, so if there was a power failure, we were going to be locked out, so I put in the UPS.

· Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
322 Posts
No key chains here for years...no keys at all...our family also uses garage doors and key pads...not a fan of anything in my pocket...wish our vehicles had keyless entry...but neither of them do...someday I hope it can all be biometric and I won't have to carry anything...no wallet, no Amex, no keys...truly hands free (except for my handguns of course).

· Registered
38 Posts
I agree with most here, I hate clutter, messy key chains, and those stupid scan cards that most places want you to carry.

I went keyless on the house years ago, both main doors and several interior doors have the schlage 10 digit keypads.

One Rover key is by itself, the other is on a keychain with a clip so I can hook it somewhere handy and a 6 inch long red "Remove Before Flight" fabric that Valets love. I switch between keys regularly, but I do get occasionally confused until I remember that radio presets, etc, follow the key.

· Banned
902 Posts
I have a "quick separator" leather and steel Jaquar chain, allows me to give the valet the keys and hang on to my others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.