RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums and all that comes up is converting to electric from mechanical. I found info on other forums that the Chevy fans out of Silverado trucks cool better (more pitch) and people put them in P38s but nothing on RRC's. Anyone have suggestions for a good mechanical fan for increased air flow? One of the blades broke off my RRC fan and I want to replace it.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,119 Posts
New one on me, swapping a Silverado fan onto a P38. Unless the hub is the same, as well as the diameter and thickness, it wont work without some headaches. I, on the other hand, run a Chevy LSx engine in my P38.
hp97in1.jpg

Martin

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I ran a heavy duty fan clutch on my classic for years due to towing heavy loads and the need for extra cooling, yes it worked and it was noisy. you have to enlarge the bolt holes on the fan and use thicker bolts,from 8mm to 10mm.

part number hayden 2786, during a severe front end crash the radiator, fan and clutch suffered severe damage. I installed a new radiator and factory fan and clutch as well as reduced my towing needs, thus stopped using hayden unit.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,119 Posts
There is a Hayden HD version that is totally bolt on for a P38, nothing else needed.
The OP was asking about the fan itself though, not the hub

Martin

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
There is a Hayden HD version that is totally bolt on for a P38, nothing else needed.
The OP was asking about the fan itself though, not the hub

Martin
sorry misread, I was under impression he needed the fan clutch.
to the op. If you have hot running issues, I suggest repair concern not band aid. the last classic is now 22 yrs old, if you still have the original radiator and never performed a cooling system flush, I'd suggest you do so or even better have the radiator professionally rodded.
do the thermostat as well, yes costs can run upwards of 500 dollars but in the long run your engine will thank you. factory set up is adequate for the normal use these trucks see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts