RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have to replace my instrument cluster. I have a 2004 HSE and have found a used one. Before I just plug it in I just wanted to know if I have to code it into the truck and if I do is there someone other than the dealer that can do this for me? I really don't want a huge bill from the stealership.

TIA

·
Banned
177 Posts
You actually can not just code it with a used one however if you get a new one it can be coded because of the light modal is a backup for the millage if you want to go with a used one you will need to take it to a cluster repair facility I don't know where you are but you can try to Google a cluster repair near you they will be able to clone your old cluster or just wipe the used one and you can get a backup from your light control modal to bring it back to your origional miles and vin

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought that if you put a used cluster in the car without coding it properly you could have one of two issues with the recorded mileage bring different to that stored in the LCM. If the replacement cluster had more miles on it than the LCM the car would show that value on the LCM. If it has fewer miles then the car would show the original mileage but also the tamper dot would be illuminated in the odometer display.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
The mileage won't match, but IIRC, there is no tamper dot on the L322. In any event, I tested a few used clusters in my 2004 before I sold it after repairing them, and none of them had a dot, some had less, some had more (mileage). All were fully functional immediately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can install a used cluster without doing any sort of coding.
You can’t. I bought a used one and it put 176k miles on to my car and also throws up a cluster error not matched on the cluster and steering angle sensor along with an abs and suspension fault all because the clocks are not paired. I then put my old clock back in to the car and my original 55k milage went back on to the car but now shows a tamper dot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts