RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Bosch Icon mount without adapters? And they list the wrong size...

2010 Range Rover Autobiography

I put Bosch Icon wipers on my wife's Escalade and S8, and they're great. I'm in the Pacific Northwest so we get about 6 months of driving in the rain on non-divided dark highways.

I ordered the "correct" set from Amazon but they are 22s. My actual wipers (as confirmed in other posts here) are slightly over 25 inches, or 64cm. If I order the 25" Icons, what are the odds they're actually going to attach to the RR arms? I have no idea if they have some fancy system.

I actually have two questions, I guess: what about the wing on the driver's side wiper? I'm not doing any Autobahn rain driving, but would like to keep that as original. Is it a separate piece or integral to the blade (and hence, only on the factory units?)

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Do Bosch Icon mount without adapters? And they list the wrong size...

FWIW, I took the 22s out and unless there's some way to strip off the mounting adapter that comes on the blade, they do not seem compatible at all. So am I stuck ordering from Britain or Germany, or now what?

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
196 Posts

The wipers you need are Bosch 808 twin , sorry wrong side of the world to tell you where to get them though .

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

No, there are no wipers sold in any USA stores that I'm aware of which will fit, but lately a lot of places have started list the 22" icons as compatible. I do not know where that came from, but the design is still the same and they are both too small and not compatible with the arm attachment (unless you modify it by pulling it apart, drilling holes, etc). Very odd.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
383 Posts

I had a similar experience a month ago in my attempt to install the Bosch brand (listed as suitable at the vendor) on our 2008 Full Size.

After fiddling for a few minutes it was very clear that they are not easily adaptable.

I therefore returned all three of these Bosch wiper blades (22" x 2 front, 16" rear) and subsequently ordered a set of three OEM style wiper blades from Atlantic British. Straightforward install and very competitive pricing.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Drivers/FindYourWiperSize

Look at the video's for the TRICO 26-11 and 18-1. Both fit my 2007 HSE perfectly. Direct replacements for the OEM. Available at my local O'Reilly's. It says it fits the 2010, so I'm assuming they didn't change the wipers from 2007 to 2010.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I just went through the painstaking process of being led wrong by the Bosch wiper finder manual.

I have a 09 RR HSE that I recently purchased. After getting home and trying to install them I wasn't getting anywhere. What also ticked me off was the QR code on the box for "installation video" didn't even work.

All in all, the rear wiper blade was changed because it has the standard J-hook attachment.

I'm going to buy the Trico's tomorrow and see how they work. From their installation video it seems that the attachment is the right one. I hope the wiper is worth the money.

Thanks to all for info on this thread!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
531 Posts
I purchased the OEM blades and not pleased with their performance. I would love a Bosch Icon to fit but sadly I dont think that will work. I was contemplating changing the actual wiper arm with the range rover sport. Does anyone on here know the arm itself is compatible?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
I wouldn't try L320 arms, they're made for 22 inch blades, not 26 that the L322 calls for.

I have had very good luck with Valeo blades across all LR models, 800265 model number for the L322.

·
Banned
531 Posts
The L320 wiper arm is more than capable of fitting a 24" wiper on it that is why I asked and was hoping someone may have tried it but I guess I'll be the first. I really don't care for the old style metal wiper I prefer the Aero Wiper / Pressure wiper.

·
Banned
531 Posts
I am being told there may be an issue with mounting the wiper arms because of the windshield cowl. Attempting to get a snapshot of each arm side by side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts