RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the ECU Tuning group Tune+Pulley Package.
Note the Pulley Puller and Guage Pulley is provided by ECU Tuning Group.

NOTE: All cars might not need filling down the housing of the pulley. As long as the gauge pulley spins freely you are good.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Great video. Wish it had sound but really appreciate you editing it down and adding comments.
What about the ECU? Was that easier?

Curious to hear the results.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

I removed the sound, usual workshop noise and obnoxious background music.
Tuning part is very very easy and Jags stayed on the phone with me and walked me through it.
You mostly plug and unplug the rest is done by Jag (He remotes into the provided laptop, wifi needed)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just did this on my L405 last week. The ECU flash is very simple as Jag does all the work. You just plug a computer into the car, connect to the internet, and call him. The filing took a bit longer. Apparently not every supercharger needs filing, but mine did. The results are INSANE INSANE though. I would not own a RR (or lease for that matter, which mine is) without doing this mod. You are missing out big time if you're running the stock tune and pulley. 100% worth losing your power train warranty over :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've done a lot of these pulley installations on both the 5.0L and the new 3.0L. Definitely makes a big difference !!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jag at ECU Tuning Group did mine in LA. He drove up in his new Bentley and actually got his hands a little dirty. His guys did most of it but he did help quite a bit and he did all the programming. It would have been the same money for the DIY kit as it was to take it to his garage $2k. He only has 10 kits to ship out.

HUGE improvement. It will sneak up on you if you forget.

I have a 2014 RRS Autobiography.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ironic this thread is showing up right below the "My engine blew up thread". I'm a huge fan of these types of upgrades but after reading the above horror story, now I'm a little hesitant to do the tune. Perhaps Jag could chime in?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ironic this thread is showing up right below the "My engine blew up thread". I'm a huge fan of these types of upgrades but after reading the above horror story, now I'm a little hesitant to do the tune. Perhaps Jag could chime in?
I doubt someone would say something that may be detrimental towards their business interests if it is true- but there are many tuned cars on this forum and the UK site, I've not heard of any of them having major issues. If you are really worried about it, tuning might not be for you! There is still a risk at the end of the day, albeit a minimal one given the anecdotal evidence I have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts