RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2001 4.6 HSE I have a small (to sometimes medium) coolant leak through 1, 2 or possibly 3 small hoses (just not sure which one is leaking, or if they all are) on the top of the engine, just below and behind the accelerator wire (see pic below)

You can see the corrosion and build up around hoses 1 & 2. Hose 3 you can't see in the pic; it's behind the plastic wire mold. It seems to feed right into the top of the engine. Not sure if the coolant that I am seeing building up there and pooling on the top of the engine in that area is from 1 & 2 only or also 3. Hose 3 is held by a pressure clamp.

Right now I am going to open the reservoir cap (to relieve any possible pressure) then just disconnect hoses 1 & 2 and clean around them. Then reconnect and tighten. That's all I can think to do.

Now turning to you guys....any suggestions on remedying this leak?

Thanks!

RR engine.jpg

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Do a search for "throttle body heater". It's called the same thing in RAVE.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
yea... he will find that notation and how to do it when he uses search.

·
Registered
896 Posts
If you live in a warm climate you can bypass that plate. If you don't want to, then just buy a new one, throttle body heater, at Atlanticbritish or any rover parts shop or even ebay. It is 3 small screws though I think they are torx (can't remember ). I am on my 3rd in 5 years. Next time I am bypassing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts