RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting ready to color code everything on my '06 RRS HSE (A, B and C pillars, trunk trim, front bumper, side skirts, grille, mirrors, vents). My paint guy is a bit reluctant to start ripping them off because he has never disassembled a RRS. He said he can figure it out, but might break some clips in the process. Since I know a lot of you have color coded everything, is there a DIY with pictures, a YouTube video or a writeup on the UK forum that shows where all the clips are located and how to disassemble everything?

I tried using the search feature before I posted this, but had no luck. If anyone can give me some insight as to how to properly remove everything, if there is not currently a DIY with pics I would be glad to create one and document the process for future use.

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,
Try a company called powerful UK on either e bay or you tube,they have a selection of vids showing how to remove and replace certain intirior trims parts

happy motoring bc brit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mlarco52- Thank you very much for sending that link, it was very helpful.

While those videos showed me how to remove a some of the pieces, I'd still like to get some advice on getting the others out so I'm not breaking clips or messing things up. Any instructions, whether pictures or typed, of how to remove the following pieces would be greatly appreciated!!!...

1- Front lower bumper
2- Side skirts
3- Rear lower bumper
4- Mirror covers
5- Trim on the lower part of the back hatch
6- A pillars
7- B pillars
8- C pillars (the ones at the very back of the car)
9- Interior vents
10- Interior "hockey sticks" I believe they're called (the runners on the sides of the center console)

I'm sure a lot of you know how to easily do this, and from what I imagine it's pretty simple, just have to know the technique and where everything in. Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
I just had a body shop take mine apart for painting. They may help you, but just lost an employee, so they might not have the time. Give them a call and see,
Lake Martin Body Shop 256 825-1940 ask for Wesley. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
DTLIIRTL said:
So I'm getting ready to color code everything on my '06 RRS HSE ......A, B and C pillars,.......
Thanks in advance for any help guys!
Please, please, please do not body color the Pillars! You will lose the "layered" look the car that's unmistakably RR and it will look really cheesey, although you might just about get away with it in black! IMHO 8~ :naughty:

If you must, then check this out:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic136 ... ar+removal

Megan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts