RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 196 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: DIY Custom Speaker box Enclosure

Drevs said:
You should consider a second battery and/or cap if you think you'll need 2/0 AWG.
I was thinking I may too, however, I was told I would not need one if my electrical system was working properly, and the 0 AWG wire will eliminate any power issues for the sub. If I were to add another 13W7 and 1000 watt amp, I would need one or the other...

·
Registered
489 Posts

Caps are worthless and only good for short bursts of power, which is mainly used for people who need a short burst for competition. They will not do anything for daily driving. A 2nd battery on the other hand would certainly help ONLY if you see any dimming of your cabin lights. You could figure out how many amps our alternators put out then figure out what sort of draw the electrical system takes, and then add the amp power to see if it is sufficient or not. It seems that there are some electrical gremlins in the sport so beware.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

jbrac25 said:
Caps are worthless and only good for short bursts of power, which is mainly used for people who need a short burst for competition.
You mean like the short burst of power needed by a 1000 watt amp pushing a 70# sub? I'm no competition installer, but that setup is going to tax the dynamic ability of his proposed power delivery system with anything above Yanni level music. Which, I suppose, could be what he listens to. :)

Just for good measure. :p

·
Registered
489 Posts

Both of you are weak. Bring your A game buddies. Also theres no short bursts from a 1000 watt amp but if you wanna waste your money on a cap be my guest. I have competed and i know my way around the electrical sysem. If your system is dimming your lights you need either a stronger alternator or a 2nd battery.
Drevs maybe you can ask your buddy OJ Mayo if you can borrow some money, i hear he has lots to spare, heres some proof.

Maybe hell let you watch his plasma too.

Dont forget about this

or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FP0ua5xFw4
Sorry this was too easy.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts

By the way...let's go Lakers tonight! Full sweep of the Celtics, even though I like what Garnett has done this year for the Celtics.

How's that to stir the pot a bit here!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

well at least he knows whats up

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

jbrac25 said:
That was a good one. Go Lakers!

I hate both...Boston was lucky that Detroit had injuries. Detroit would spank the Lakers, AGAIN!

Dont get me started on the Spurs or Cowboys either... I despise them

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts

He he...well San Antonio has had enough success winning 4 championships recently, time to share the loot, and frankly they came out too flat this year in the playoffs.

Detroit is fun to watch if you like rough and tumble basketball with elbows flying, but a dynasty they are not! I'd rather see LeBron and the Cavs win before Detroit wins again...

So...it's only fitting that the Lakers win this year...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

I just cannot stand Duncan and Kobe.... Duncan is the biggest baby of them all though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

jbrac25 said:
bro, only three maybe four of those girls are hot. Dont be fooled by the skimpy outfit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

here is the start of my setup. the amp fits perfectly behind the tire tool compartment. you juist have to pull up the floor and you'll find another nice hidding spot.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

still working... waiting on more supplies to arrive in the mail tomorrow.

It is starting to take shape now, finnished the tape job,and the next step is to glass it. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. I'm thinking about making a negative copy of this taped off area so these custom enclosures can be made without taking apart your trunk.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Does anyone know how many gallons of resin I need? I bought one, however, I think I may need more.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

are you being serrious or smart a smart ass? or both?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts

the latter...I haven't a clue how much resin, just making an uneducated guess...although I am impressed with the project.

However, I suspect that Drevs might know the answer, let's see how close my guess comes to reality.

:D :D

41 - 60 of 196 Posts
About this Discussion
195 Replies
16 Participants
Drevs
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing