RangeRovers.net Forum banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Re: DIY Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure & Amplifier Install...

I have a 13" w7 with 1000w just for itself, what do you think?... probably 90% of the body vibration is cut down because the box is warpped in many layers of sound deadner and its also 1/3" solid carbon fiber, and is essentially grounded to the frame and cannot flex or move at all, this eliminates excess vibrati at its source, and then the rest of the stuff is absorbed from the of areas of sound deadner.

when it's cranked up the mirrors will blur out but there is no vibration, other than my vision. I cranked it up in my garage with all the garage doors shut, and my tool cabinent was shaking, its that powerful.

If you get non tradition MDF box and put the box behind the panels and seal the socket of the box off with many layers of dampner you will get the same results. Because your box is so exposed in the open all those extra vibration waves are just flowing around your cabin.

what kind of sub do you have

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #184

I dont think its the box, its just the setup. To elinate all that excess rattle, you'd probably need to wrap your entire vehicle in sound dampner. You really cant wrap your box in anyway so I'm not sure what else can be done.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Murdered Out said:
I dont think its the box, its just the setup. To elinate all that excess rattle, you'd probably need to wrap your entire vehicle in sound dampner. You really cant wrap your box in anyway so I'm not sure what else can be done.
I did: 2 layers for the tailgate ( with stock sub taken off), 2 sides of the trunk, every interior panels, doors, tags, roof spoiler.
I know there are 2 vents behind the taillights will blow air and make the rattle sound as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #186

**** thats a lot, I'm not sure why your side skirts are vibrating... they actually make noise, or just shake a bit? I tested my speakers against some kid at my school. He had 2-12" JL w6 with a 1600 amp, I think kicker; I blew him apart. My glass flexes (passenger doors) outwards and this was with the front doors open. Still I could not find any vibration, except for my spoiler light. The bass shook the screws loose and its barley on now (time for some lock tite). other than that it sounds like everything is sealed of real well.

·
Registered
134 Posts

my side skirts make noise and shake a bit. I'm going to dynamat them to see if work. I remember someone else on here have same problem with the mirrors as well. W6 are actually pretty good subs if with the right amp and box. they rated at 600RMS vs. yours is 1000RMS. were his ported or sealed? box makes major difference. what kind of amp he uses? 1600W written on the amp?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #188

I'm not sure if dynamating your side skirts uis a great idea. It may be difficult for the clips to get deep enough to lock them onto the vehicle if the sound deadner is applied. I'd use heavy duty outdoor double sided tape and then stick them on. the tape will create a bond between the two pieces so they vibrate as one instead of against eachother. Double sided tape by 3m is your best friend for getting rid of vehicle body part vibrations, especially your LP.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #190

not really that much harder... is there really a need to remove them? I dont see it being difficult to remove them, I've ripped that stuff off my vehicle before. smaller parts are hard, but since you can get leverage on them it will be easy.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Murdered out can you take pics of where you tapped into the factory wires? I just don't know which wires I'm supposed to connect to. Also could you take pics of how you connected the speaker wires to rca connectors?

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

gooseyloosey said:
Fosheez....

fyi I posted some pics of the sub wire tap site on one of my threads; I believe it was the JL Audio thread that you're already involved in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: DIY Custom Speaker box Enclosure

jbrac25 said:
Thats pretty cool, it will look nice also.
hi jbrac25 i need your help and expertise on a subject that you seem to have the knowledge that can help me decide what to do with my range rover headlights. I need to know the difference between the oracle lights vs the one that you used i believe they are leds. Please i need mayor help. :crybaby2:

181 - 196 of 196 Posts
About this Discussion
195 Replies
16 Participants
Drevs
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing