RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 06 HSE w 22" HRE rims.....harsh ride. I want revert back to the standard 19" rims. There are working sensors in the current set of rims, but am wondering if I would be ahead of the game by simply buying new sensors w the new rims. Then I can sell the HRE w tires as complete unit. No problem finding the correct sensors at British Part of Utal-Landrover courtesy of another post on this forum.

Here is the question - If I get new sensors and have a local tire shop (not a land rover dealer) install wheels/sensors/tires, etc.-- am I good to go or will I still need to pay a visit to the Land Rover dealer?

tks
Phil

·
Registered
94 Posts
From what I understand the sensors and vehicle will sync up automatically after you drive it for a while with the new sensors. No need to visit the dealers.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't know where you plan on buying your rims, but I can tell you that before I would go to the dealer and buy them new, I'd shop on ebay or wherever, and pick up a set.

There are so many new condition MKIII wheels/tires for sale, due to owners opting for aftermarket wheel, you can get a great deal if you shop around. :thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
It'd be easier that way, but probably more expensive overall as I doubt you'd recover the cost of your newly purchased sensors by selling your used 22s with the used ones still on, versus selling them without. Plus, potential customers for your 22s may own early MY06 or earlier builds without TPMS, so they may not care about getting sensors... Your call, but whether you decide to transfer your existing sensors onto the new rims or buy a new set, as mentioned above they will be detected by the TPMS module in your car after a few minutes of rolling.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,119 Posts
Why not make a thread in the for sale section to trade for OEM rims with as good tires as what you have? Sure there are plenty of folks wanting bigger, rims on their rigs unfortunately.... :lol:
Just a thought....

Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts