RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change distribution belts soon.
Sailing through internet I have noticed that the market offers the "belt tensioner", but the M62 has another thing like an "arm" called "driver tensioner".
I'm asking opinions of what is more important or must be replaced (The truck has 188000km - 116817miles)

The codes of all the tensioners and "arms" are:

PQR000170 Main belt tensioner
PQG000050Main belt driver tensioner
PQR000180Secondary tensioner
PQG000060Secondary drive belt tensioner

Reviewing LRDirect i have many brands offered: Land Rover - INA - Britpart- Original Equipment (?), but I'm concerned about buying a defective spare part.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
the 050 and 060 part numbers are just the hydraulic snubber portion of the tensioner, ie the part that maintains the belt tension, you replace the snubber on your tensioner arm. The 160/170 parts are the full assembly, the arm, the pulley and the hydraulic snubber. If you need both a pully and snubber you buy the 160/170 parts, if the tension just isn't tight but the pulleys are otherwise fine just buy the 050/060. Remeber its the belt that wears and just becuase the belt isn't as tight as it should be may just be because the belt has stretched more than the snubber can extend. If you put a wrench on the tensioner arm and turn it to release the belt and its real easy to move, then the snubber portion is probably worn out as well. If its like trying to push on a solid wall then the snubber is fine and you just need a belt. If the pulley is making squeking or grinding sounds or wobbles when the belt is off it then you need a pulley. Can't tell you exactly what your truck needs from the other end of an internet connection.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks you Mark, nice answer!
I only want to replace some things because the truck is older and i dont know the previous owners care

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts