RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while driving I had some intermittent distorted static play through all the speakers in AUX mode - but I could still hear the music playing. Washed the rangie and parked it overnight. I took the truck out this morning and now all I hear is the distorted static in every mode (FM, AM, AUX). I checked for wet carpets, they were dry. Interestingly when I hit the SAT button, the static at least goes away. Same when I use the voice command, static goes away and I get the friendly lady promptly coming through the speakers clearly.

I've had this used OEM head unit in the truck for over a year with no issue. I do have a code reader and reset all radio related DTC's. Just seeing what I should check next.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: i pulled the head unit to see if any of the connectors were loose/dirty - all looked good. i tried hooking up my old non functioning head unit as well to see if I can get it to play any noise...and it played normal static for like 2 seconds. looked under the passenger seat to see if the amplifier connections were good, and they were.

finally did a hard reset by connecting a wire between the two battery terminals to see if that will magically fix the issue...it didn't.

I found another used head unit and amplifier online, both with return policies (minus return shipping). might try ordering them to see if swapping out either will resolve the issue...not unless you all have any other ideas.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update 2: replaced the amp, issue still persists. head unit coming in next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts