RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, one of the many issues I have noticed with my rr is that I get a distorted sound from the lower front door speakers, the sound system in my car is Harman Kardon logic 7. It sounds like as if the speaker cone is damaged when you turn the volume up, so I ordered a replacement set off eBay and went about replacing them. I looked at the old speakers but they seem fine but just incase I changed them for the new set but the sound was still distorted. I though that it’s more than likely the amp which is causing the distortion. I read the amp can suffer from water ingress as it’s in the trunk area casing sound issues. There are lots of silver boxes under the dvd changer in my trunk but I’m not sure which one is the amp. I took a picture of the area if anyone can tell me which one is the amp ? Is there a particular component in the amp which goes wrong ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i looked at the connectors for the unit behind the box with the round vent holes and the connector has signs of rust near it, i`m still not sure if this is the amp though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts