RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As winter is coming, I had to use the heating function and realized that it does not blow hot air if I set temperature between 26 - 28C (only warm air), but it blows extremely hot air if I set it to HI (A/C is off). Heater core, blend servos, blower motors, radiator is new, no book symbol, and A/C cools perfectly, no leaks or coolant loss. I did not calibrate the blend motors after changing them, today I went to a shop and they calibrated with the LR software but it is still the same. The shop told that the heater core may be blocked, but this does not seem right as it blows really hot on HI. Outside temperature sensor seems working since it behaves normal, readings are correct.

What else should I check, or is this normal with P38 HEVAC system?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd check the interior temperature sensor which is in the little grille under the clock, it has a fan inside it so check that is spinning by lightly poking it with a paperclip and that its not clogged with fluff.

Also check the heater core temperature sensor which is a little clip that attaches around the pipes going into the heater core. It's on the right hand side where the pipe goes into the heater core if you've done the O-rings before. My car is a RHD and to get to it all I did was remove the panel under the steering wheel and remove the panel next to the side of the HEVAC and I could see the sensor lying on my back looking up.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
+1 to check the cabin air sensor. A can of compressed air will clean it nicely.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cleaned it while changing the blend servos but will check it again, thanks for help.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that little fan & sensor have an enormous effect on the HEVAC, more than I was expecting! Yesterday I used a piece of paper to check it, it was not turning at all. I gave it a good clean and now it is perfect and the adjustments became proportional again! Thank you guys..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That thing started to make this noise at startup (29nd second in the video), looks like I have to take it apart and clean/repair/change it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts