RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find anything in the owners manual on the subject. Does anyone know if the air suspension needs to be disconnected prior to lifting the truck, and if so , how do you do it?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
It doesn't. The EAS senses all 4 wheels are off the ground and disables, but leaving a door or hatch open will also disable it

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Open doors will disable any movement, but I don't believe an open lift gate will. Countless times I have opened up the rear hatch to get something from the trunk in my garage, only to be greeted by an EAS "fart" a few seconds later as the car wakes up from its sleep and self levels slightly. Anyway, like goosey says just go ahead and lift it, there is nothing to disconnect. If you are jacking it up yourself, might as well start from off-road height, less work for you. ;-) When you lower the car, it will likely be in super extended off road height (the suspensions will have dropped all the way) and prompt you to lower the suspensions in the message center. Just keep hitting the suspensions down button until you are back to normal height, and away you go. And don't rely on EAS and open doors if you will be working under the car for more than a second, always use jack stands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I always notice that the dealer will lock my suspension into the lowest settings. I guess their mechanics get tire of jacking with the different elevations.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Open doors will disable any movement, but I don't believe an open lift gate will. Countless times I have opened up the rear hatch to get something from the trunk in my garage, only to be greeted by an EAS "fart" a few seconds later as the car wakes up from its sleep and self levels slightly.
Same here, the lift gate will not stop movement. Heck even open doors won't stop movement if there is a failure right? I always get a little scared even when I dip under there for a second just to look at something. :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
I stand corrected on the liftgate then. /:(

How about this, just leave the doors, hood, sunroof, glove compartment, ashtray, and the zipper on your pants open. One of those has to work, right? :think:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts