RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a 1991 Range Rover Classic that I'm trying to bring back to life. I'm actually a disco nerd and have lots of parts as spares. I'm wondering if the drive shaft would work on my classic. Guessing the double jointed shaft would be better when I lift. Also would my D2 coil springs fit or are they bigger? THanks for any help.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know there are slot of interchangeable parts from the discovery one
Not so sure about the D2
But what I do is look on Atlantic British
And look up the parts
There it tells what years they fit on

·
Registered
47 Posts
On the driveshafts: it depends on the transfer box. If you have the LT230 in the classic, then the front driveshaft should work. This summer I had to install a disco driveshaft in my classic when I swapped over the LT230

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
General rule of thumb is that first generation Classic and first gen Disco are the same, one just costs more. You'll need to cross reference part numbers to confirm something is the same

P38 and DIsco II share the same drivetrains and share most parts. Some Disco IIs even came with EAS for the rear axle only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
toofaroffroad
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing