RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..well it seems that way.

Just got back from a 30 mile drive in my'89 Classic, during which the oil light started flickering, and eventually stayed on. Parked up on the drive, and the front diff is covered in oil, and there is oil dripping on the drive, a nice big puddle.

I don't know what's gone, maybe a gasket, but the source seems to be the lower left of the engine bay (as I'm looking into the engine). Anyone any ideas what this could be?

I think this might mean me getting rid of this Classic, I already have about 2k worth of repair to the axles lined up. Somehow I doubt this latest problem is going to be cheap to fix :(

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Oil Pump, Oil cooler hose? All real accessible, don't sell her yet. Unless you toasted the engine driving with no oil...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it to the garage, as it's -15C here right now.

*sigh of relief*
Turned out to be an oil pressure switch had blown. I was worried it was something major....

Now, if only I could get the other 101 problems fixed on this thing....
And have the exhaust sounding like this one ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEhNVdWLnE

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have a rapto on my 95 disco with a 2.5 inch catback system, I love it. quiet at idle yet sounds great. my 2001 rangie has straight pipes, I wake up the neighbourhood, it's too loud. I might have to add some flowmasters

·
Registered
2 Posts
..well it seems that way.

Just got back from a 30 mile drive in my'89 Classic, during which the oil light started flickering, and eventually stayed on. Parked up on the drive, and the front diff is covered in oil, and there is oil dripping on the drive, a nice big puddle.

I don't know what's gone, maybe a gasket, but the source seems to be the lower left of the engine bay (as I'm looking into the engine). Anyone any ideas what this could be?

I think this might mean me getting rid of this Classic, I already have about 2k worth of repair to the axles lined up. Somehow I doubt this latest problem is going to be cheap to fix :(
Hello did anyone ever find out the problem mine is doing the same 2007 constant ticking on hidle thanks andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts